Here are a few great sushi sites that you can visit. More appear on the Internet everyday
so if you find a great site, let us know and we will add it to our growing list.
theSushibar.com is not affiliated with any of these webpages and online stores.. we cannot vouch for
the accuracy or integrity of any of these webpages. ... Please be careful whenever ordering any products online.
Submitted by gjwill: capetownsushi.com: Food review site for sushi bars in Cape Town, South Africa
Submitted by ward: I have a suggestion for your links page, www.zininsushi.nl: It's a Sushi-bar guide for Amsterdam and the rest of Holland / The Netherlands
Two links sent in from Georgia: Hello, I thought your readers would benefit from these links: http://sushiandjapanesemarket.com and http://sushitimes.wordpress.com/
Thank You, Happy Holidays!! Georgia :) -12/20/07
1. Sushi or Death Blog by Karianne: http://www.sushiordeath.com
2. Sushi webpage from Oso-wakki.. http://www.makemysushi.com
3. VideoJug video
4. Second Annual California Statewide Sushi Competition
5. An assortment of artificial sushi, sashimi and saki.
6. Sushi Sticks
7. http://www.lunchspark.com/?tag=Sushi Find lunch buddies at lunchspark.com
7. wasabia.com North America Wasabi grower able to ship overnight to any point on the continent. www.wasabia.ca
8. Containers for Sushi Packaging at Premier Container Mfg Sdn Bhd.
9. SushiChart: a listing of sushi rolls and ingredients.
10. The Cooks Palate cookbook software is for those interested in organizing their recipe collection and creating cookbooks for home, school, fundraising, professional promotions and much more.
11. SushiFaq: Sushifaq.com is devoted to answering all your questions about sushi (and sashimi),
it's history, and the related Japanese dining experience.
12. Sushibar in Maine. Origami Sushi Bar. 757 Post Road. Wells, Maine 04090.
13. Sushi in Orlando: www.tomosushigrill.dine.com/
14.S tockholm Sushi catering at: : www.ifcswe.se.
15. Yaopack has containers: http://www.yaopack.com.tw/sushi.html
16. doug at realwasabi.com sends us a link. www.realwasabi.com
18. Sushi display cases as well as many other products suitable for chefs and owners.
19. Sushi School Resource: : Get a culinary Education
Description: An independent resource for culinary school students to research and
compare the world of Culinary Institutes and Cooking Schools.
20. Some Sushi History here: http://www.artsci.wustl.edu/~copeland/sushi1.html
21. Good sushi info: http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node=sushi
22. A great recipes webpage: http://www.mediterrasian.com/delicious_recipes_sushi.htm
23. More recipes here: http://www.sushilinks.com/recipes.html
24. Tybbuo Wasabi, high quality wasabi products. : http://www.tybbuowasabi.com/
25. theSushibar.com has heard that some sushibars are now serving fois gras.. here is an article
26. Sushi cases are sold here: http://www.cookwarepro.com/ is a place to find foodservice equipment & supplies.
27. Seafood overnight at www.seafoodirect.net.
28. Illinois Sushibar.: http://www.thetasteoftokyo.com
29. San Francisco Bay Area sushibar: http://www.suwas.com
30. Hiro Food Packaging. http://www.hirofood.com/catalog/item.php?id=54 Food containers
and packaging, wholesale.
31. Szechuan Tokyo's webpage is at www.asianfusion.net/szetok/index.htm
32. travelersunite.com. Has more to do with Asian and Japanese culture than sushi, but informative.
33. SushiZawa in Los Angeles has sent in a link. URL: http://losangeles.sushizawa.com/
34. Online menus for some metro area restaurants at usmenuguide.com. www.usmenuguide.com.
35. All Culinary Schools (www.allculinaryschools.com) A comprehensive database of
U.S. culinary schools where users can search for everything from culinary arts
to restaurant management by location, degree type or specialty. It is a free
resource for all students interested in culinary school.
36. Sriracha Chili Sauce links:
Huy Fong Foods: Makes Sriracha Chili Sauce
37. and information about the company.
38. And a google search about Sriracha Chili Sauce
39. Kewpie mayo company, food, for ages 0-100
40. East By Southwest PanAsian Restaurant. Durango CO sushibar. www.eastbysouthwest.com
41. Restaurant guide for South Africa suggested by Ellen: http://eating-out.co.za/default.asp
42. Hostess Twinkies Sushi! http://www.twinkies.com/recipebox/index.asp?cmd=view&id=84
43. Growabrain Sushi Links: http://growabrain.typepad.com/growabrain/2004/01/2003_growabrain_15.html
44. Growabrain Riverside: http://growabrain.typepad.com/growabrain/
45. Sushi for the cel phone I think: http://www.novospace.com/channels/sushi/default.htm
46. A Japanese Tea webpage: www.teanobi.com an ecommerce site specializing in Japanese tea.
47. A small sushi quiz: http://quiz.sushi-cat.net/sushiquiz.html
48. Sushi Candles. Original candles, all designed and handmade on the beautiful island of Hawaii, the Big Island.
Sushi Soaps too! Big Island Hawaii Gifts by Double Brush. http://www.doublebrush.com
49. www.HooksSushi.com A St. Petersburg, FL (Tampa Bay) sushi bar with two locations now.
50. Training for contemporary sushi: with website that is all about teaching the art form-sushi..www.sushigary.com
51. A recipes page http://www.multiwebs.net/sk/recipe97.html
52. a Kani Recipe: http://www.issendai.com/lifeskills/Miso%20Soup/cook_crabcukesalad.htm
53. Another recipes page: http://www.recipehound.com/Recipes/japanese.html
54. A good list of Asian Markets.
55. Merry's Kitchen.:
Some Abalone Info:
56. here are some abalone webpages that might help
57. a scuba diver notes on abalone.
58. abalone delivered to your home.
59. a big list of abalone recipe
60. more info from an abalone farm.
61. one more
Some Sea Urchin webpages..
62. A big picture of an urchin.
63. an interesting article from the BBC
64. an overview
65. A tool to get the Sea Urchin Roe out
66. another picture showing sea urchin roe.
67. sea urchin has some venom
68. Some Sea Urchin Statistics.
69. Catalina Offshore might have some information for you;..
70. This school raised some urchin
71. a student project on raising sea urchin
72. Hawaii urchin
73. California Red Urchin
74. Urchins are useful in the laboratory
76. an online class has some pictures
77. A good website from a California Sea Urchin Commission..
has current Tsujiki Market Price..
78. More Urchin info..
79. California stats.
80. This company might have some urchin information.. you might contact them.
Some Tako Info:
82. this page says that you should tenderize the octopus
83. check this one.. it looks like they cook it quickly
85. This one suggests precooking.. and tenderizing.
86. this recipe says to freeze the fresh octopus for a week.. then slowly thaw..
87. These guys barbecued/smoked some octopus.. hmmm...
88. Another wasabi webpage: http://www.tybbuowasabi.com/
89. ChefMatisse.com. Sushi Guide and products. Learn to roll sushi, restaurant quality
from home. You will find everything there from a sushi recipe to sushi etiquette.
Learn to make all the popular sushi rolls; California Roll, Hawaiian Roll, and all
kinds of vegetarian sushi rolls.
90. UK sushi competition for creative sushi. http://www.sushi-competition.com/
96. Interesting sushi information
97. Fish Supplier
98. Orange County Buddhist Church Cookbook
Some Sushi Training and Schools.
These webpages below they might have some contacts or information that you might be able to use for sushi training
Hachimaki.. A piece of cloth wrapped around the head, often adorned with a
colourful mon or word. Used either symbolically to show resolve, or also to
keep hair and sweat out of your eyes (as is needed when wearing kendo-gi).
Sushi Health and Safety
Here are some links to pages on sushi safety.
there is a little discussion about sushi calories at sushilinks webpage
117. also.. here is a webpage with a nice chart of sushi nutrition information..
Wegmans sushi Nutrition information.
Sushi health dicussion:
From PalateWorks.. Number 50 on the blooper list tells about a sushi misconception
124. Chefknivestogo. http://www.chefknivestogo.com We sell sushi knives (left handed also).
125. Strange Foods: Lots of sushi on this list for some reason. http://wgordon.web.wesleyan.edu/foods.htm
Sake Etiquette and information
Sushi Knives links:
Left handed sushi knife here:
142. Asian Grocery . Washington State.
Gari Recipe Links:
151. this is interesting
152. Fugu information in Japan
153. fugu list from NPR's Ketzel Levine
Taste Your Fate
Restaurants That Serve Fugu
Nippon -- 155 East 52nd Street, New York, N.Y.
Soba Nippon -- 19 West 52nd Street, New York, N.Y.
Yodo -- 13 East 47th Street, New York, N.Y.
Chikabu -- 12 East 44th Street, New York, N.Y.
Naniwa -- 4 East 46th Street, New York, N.Y.
Azusa -- 3 East 44th Street, New York, N.Y.
Nadaman Hakubai -- 66 Park Avenue, New York, N.Y.
Inagiku -- 111 East 49th Street, New York, N.Y.
Sugiyama Restaurant -- 251 West 55th Street, New York, N.Y.
Taiko -- 15 South Village Avenue, Rockville Ctr., N.Y.
Bond Street -- 6 Bond Street, New York, N.Y.
Hatsuhana Restaurant -- 17 East 49th Street, New York, N.Y.
Kaz Sushi Bistro -- 1915 I Street, N.W., Washington, D.C.
New Otani LA -- 120 S. Los Angeles Street, Los Angeles, Calif.
Morimoto Restaurant -- 723 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, Pa.
Tako Grill -- 7756 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Md.
Shiki Restaurant -- 4 Westroy Street, Seattle, Wash.
160. Sushi in New York
161. A nice sushiwebpage.
162. Sushi Links and Miyamoto Foods, is a collection of links to the best sushi resources on the web.
163. SushiBars in Reno Directory.
164. Recipezaar; A big list of Japanese Recipes.. many with nutritional information.
165. Farmed Salmon information:
167. Sushi Secrets.. also at
168. A little discussion about the health effects of sushi
170. Ace Sushi Menu... items have a calorie count.
172. Quebec sushi
174. Pacific Farms. All about Wasabi.
175. A link to a place full of links.
Pictures and Facts about Tuna!
176. Dept. of Fish and Game. Ooooooh.
178. Japanese Gifts:.
179. more Japanese Gifts... I think these two are the same company.
180. The Sushi World Guide
The most popular Sushi and Sushibars links on the Major Search Engines:
FOOD GUIDES CATEGORY UNITED STATES
193. Sushi Soaps too! Big Island Hawaii Gifts by Double Brush. .http://www.doublebrush.com
194. www.HooksSushi.com A St. Petersburg, FL (Tampa Bay) sushi bar with two locations now.
195. Training for contemporary sushi: with website that is all about teaching the art form-sushi..www.sushigary.com
196. Another recipes page: http://www.recipehound.com/Recipes/japanese.html
A good list of Asian Markets.
197. Merry's Kitchen.:
Some Abalone Info:
199. a scuba diver notes on abalone.
201. a big list of abalone recipe
202. more info from an abalone farm.
Some Sea Urchin webpages..
203. A big picture of sea urchin.
204. an interesting article from the BBC
205. an overview
208. sea urchin has some venom
209. Some Sea Urchin Statistics.
210. Catalina Offshore might have some information for you;..
211. This school raised some urchin
213. Hawaii urchin
214. California Red Urchin
215. Urchins are useful in the laboratory
217. an online class has some pictures
227. Another wasabi webpage: http://www.tybbuowasabi.com/
228. UK sushi competition for creative sushi. http://www.sushi-competition.com/
Disclaimer: We've tried to make the information on this web site as accurate as possible, but it is provided
"as is" and we accept no responsibility for any loss, injury or inconvenience sustained by anyone
resulting from this information. You should verify critical information with the relevant parties before dining.
[ Home ]
© 2000-2008 theSushiBar.com. All Rights Reserved